Thursday, November 28, 2019

365 Days

Photo by Unsplash
Originally written in Oct 2019.

365 days ago, I began writing on a weekly basis. Whether or not you’ve read anything I’ve written. Believe I’ve shared too much... or believe I’ve shared too little. I feel accomplished knowing I’ve made it to this point. I’ve read countless advice columns stating the simple fact that you are not a writer unless you’re writing. I wanted to improve. I wanted to express myself. The dance studio felt far away, but my thoughts and words felt closer. I wanted to be a writer, so I wrote.

Some days, my words are energized with purpose... passion... personal conviction. Other days, my words are merely observations of the world around me... where I am at the moment. I don’t always feel the need to write. But I always write.

365 days ago, I began writing on a weekly basis. I’ve now accumulated almost one hundred pieces of writing. Even if I were to say that 80% of these pieces are crap... that still would leave a considerable amount (20, to be exact) that are valuable. But I don’t even think that is the case. I set out to write. And I did. That alone is a success. Each piece I wrote, a milestone. I think - I hope- I’ve improved along the way. My life has felt more full because of my writing. I understand myself more... and I feel more understood.

I’m now faced with the big question - what’s next? How will I continue to evolve? As a writer? As a person? I don’t know. But one thing I do know for sure is that I’m not backing down. It’s time to live. Time to grow. Time to bloom some more. I will pursue what makes me happy. I owe myself that much. Here’s to making the next 365 days even more fulfilling than the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment