Thursday, April 25, 2019

Stay With Me/ I Want You (To Want Me)

Photo by Jan Tinneberg on Unsplash
Question: What do the below words mean to you? I don’t know if it’s me talking, if I’m embodying someone else, or if it’s a combination of both...


Stay With Me

You say you want this.
Or maybe you want that.
I love that you want something I have to offer.

Your desire is desirable to me.
I want to keep you on the edge of your seat.
In constant suspense.
Desperate for more.
Invested. Immersed. Connected....

Listening.

Let me dangle what it is that you want from me,
right in front of your face,
But always just outside your reach.
Let me lure you.
But never completely reel you in.
Let’s stay attached.
But at a safe distance.
I like to know that you’re at an arm’s length.
That at any given moment,
I can pull you in closer if I chose to.
But I won’t. I know you’re there.
I have your attention.
So I don’t need to.

Stay with me.
But apart from me.
That’s all that we can really aim for.
And that’s where I like you best.

No comments:

Post a Comment