Thursday, April 18, 2019

Don't Feed The F-ing Geese!

Photo by Vivek Kumar on Unsplash
There’s a small park with a pond in my home town. And everywhere there are these signs that tell people to not feed the wildlife with a picture of geese on them. They’re impossible to ignore. Yet, nearly every time I’m in the area, I catch someone feeding the geese. And, most of these times, it’s a grown adult accompanied by their children.

In my head, I scream at them. What do you think you’re doing? What type of example are you setting for your children? Why are you feeding the f-ing geese? I know you’ve read the signs. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s pretty much common knowledge now that human food makes wildlife sick for a variety of reasons. (Hell, most human food these days makes even humans sick.) So why do you insist on being selfish, breaking the rules, and feeding the geese at their expense?

Maybe you’ve fallen into the trap of thinking that your minor infraction is just that - minor. Something small. Harmless. Nothing to worry about. A tiny splash in the current that will go unnoticed. But it isn’t. Your careless behavior is having a very real, negative impact on the world around you.

What’s that saying? Stop being a part of the problem, and start being apart of the solution. It starts with the simple rules. When a sign tells you to not feed the geese, don’t feed the f-ing geese! Do your part, and do good in this world. Play by the rules where they are reasonable and just. Stop being an asshole, and start being a good citizen.

Thank. You. Very. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment