Monday, March 4, 2019

#TooMuchCoffee: Hiding Behind The Hashtag



It’s not me, it’s the coffee talking. #TooMuchCoffee

So if something I write doesn’t make sense. Offends you in some way, shape, or form. If my words spill out in a disorganized mess..... do NOT hold me accountable.

It’s not me, I swear. It’s the coffee talking.

I’m intoxicated. Under the influence. Not of sound mind or judgement. I’m out of my mind and out of control. Off my rocker. But it’s not my fault.

It’s not me. It’s the coffee talking. #TooMuchCoffee

My words may take you on a journey into the absurd. Or the deep, dark, and twisted. You may think to yourself that what you’re reading is the rant of a madman. But please do not fear. I am perfectly sane, happy, and calm.

It’s not me. It’s the coffee talking.

Watch the way the coffee moves me. Hear the words that spill out of my mouth. Stop and stare at the spectacle. And take away from it what you can. Whether that be a laugh.... some small tidbit of wisdom or inspiration.... or a question that pops into your head.

#TooMuchCoffee. Using this hashtag makes me feel safe. I have something to hide behind. I don’t need to own what it is that I’m saying. (After all, “it’s not me”.) As a consequence, I feel liberated to follow my creative urges... edit less, experiment, and see where that all leads me. But if I’m honest with myself and you, I have to admit that it’s never the coffee talking.

It’s me. It always has been. I’m just using the coffee as an excuse. For some reason, I sometimes feel the need to excuse what it is that I am writing. I’m afraid of owning it. I see this as a problem... and it’s something I want to investigate further.

In the meantime, take everything I'm saying with a grain of salt. It’s not me. It’s the coffee talking.

#TOOMUCHCOFFEE The results of too much early morning coffee and fingers typing furiously on an iPhone. This is the seventh part of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment