Thursday, March 28, 2019

Happy Friday!


Question for you: Are you happy it’s Friday??
--

The funny thing about time is that it flows on, regardless of whether or not we or anyone else want it to. While some days may feel longer, and others may feel shorter, it’s all the same. Time is the one constant- always flowing at the same rate in one distinct direction: forward. The years are counting up. We’re aging. Each year we’re one year closer to death... On a less dire note, when times are tough, we can rest assured that there’s more time to come, and with that, room for circumstances to change and for things to improve.

I wonder how today will feel. It’s Friday. There’s a promising light at the end at the end of the tunnel. The weekend is just about here. But what’s in today’s tunnel? Will the work day flow smoothly forward? Will it flash by in the blink of an eye? Will it drag on? Will I find surprising hiccups along the way? There’s no way to be absolutely sure until you’re inside of it. But I’m hopeful, ready to take on the day, get my work done, and jump into the weekend.

Time, be my friend today. Caress me in your warm embrace and carry me on forward. This weekend needs to happen like...now. I’m trusting you’ll get me there soon enough. Please don’t disappoint.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment