Sunday, January 27, 2019

Watch Me Dance

Photo by Sabrina Polanco-Ferreyra
It’s just that initial decision that is hard. Then, everything else falls in line.
I think about those initial moments. When I decided to register for this dance composition class... all the anxiety and hesitation I felt... was I making a good choice? And then... I jumped.

And now here I am. Six weeks later. On a stage. Presenting a solo to lots of strangers. It’s both beautiful and scary how life works. How sometimes all it takes is getting past a few uncomfortable, vulnerable - precious - seconds... and then... everything comes together as it should.
With my teching down and two performances later this evening, how do I feel today? I feel physically exhausted. There’s still a long day ahead. But I also feel great. I feel alive. I feel at peace with the universe and everything around me.

Against all odds, here you see me back on a stage. It’s been more than a year and a half, but here I am. Conquering life. One step at a time. On top of the world. My world.
Sometimes, I love dance. I love life. Other times, things can be so hard. But I have the power to make things better. I have the power to be in control.
Watch me now as I jump off this cliff and roll into oblivion.
Watch me dance.
You can’t stop me.
I won’t let you.

My Journey:

Part 1 - Am I A Still A Dancer? 
At the core of my being, I know that dance is inseparable from me. That dance- MY dance - past, present and future - is a manifestation of MY life force. And, that as long as I live, the dance in me is also alive. 

Part 2 - Waiting For Permission
Give me permission to be, and I soar. But without this nod of approval, I hide away.

And so... here I enter the classroom again. Alone. With nothing but a familiar face at the head. It’s exciting. Nerve-wracking. Invigorating.

Part 4 - Tonight I'm Going To Take A Dance Class (part 2)
It’s also so amazing to “play” in a safe environment where play is very much appreciated. We are all so curious as to what each of us have to offer. We investigate and reflect together... each of us, perhaps, on a pathway to reach higher truth about ourselves.... life... art. 

Part 5 - Watch Me Dance
Against all odds, here you see me back on a stage. It’s been more than a year and a half, but here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment