Sunday, February 7, 2021

Inside This Mask/Culture In Crisis

Photo By Unsplash

Originally written some time in 2019 (?)

Words influence culture. Culture influences words. The cycle repeats. PC. Awareness. Censorship.

Questioning whether or not I can speak my mind. Fearing the labels they’ll slap on me. Fearing that some of these labels might be accurate. Realizing that sometimes I speak out of my ass.

Evolving moment to moment.

Nothing is black and white. Everything is an awkward shade of gray. A constant state of transition, tension. Doesn’t fit into your universe. The universe. A system of rules to govern us all. It doesn’t work that way... it doesn’t work that way.

What tales will we tell in 10 years time? Who will write the history books? How will I fit in?

I offer a painful grin you can tolerate. Hoping you will look away.

Give me some room to breathe. Space is tight, getting tighter. You can’t be you. I can’t be me. Drowning in your judgement. Someone, throw me a life vest.

Ticking time bomb.

I swear, it’s getting hotter and hotter inside this mask

No comments:

Post a Comment